Thursday, June 25, 2009

I'm off work today and trying to stay out of the heat, temperature is supposed to be up to the mid 90's, I'm not one for being outside in the heat. Think I'll just sit inside and read, stitch, or watch a movie.
Had a patient yesterday that really got to my heart yesterday. She was not doing good, and it is just a matter of time, early in the morning when I first went in to her room, she opened her eyes, started smiling and said "I so glad to see you, I love it when your here". Patients that do that remind me why I became a nurse. Those are the ones who you know have a sweet spirit. Wish I could describe the feelings when they say that. Some time they don't actually say it, just a smile or a gentle touch. That's when I feel Gods love for me and it makes me step back, take a deep breath and go in the not so sweet rooms. I guess in a way it's like paying it forward, those gentle spirits are payed forward to others by me as a carrier.

No comments: