Saturday, November 28, 2009

Got the weekend off, haven't posted any thing in a long time. Monday will be the two year anniversary of Jim's death. My animals have been doing good. Bandit is 13 years old. Have a friend at work who had to put her Rottweiler down due to cancer. Her veterinarian sent her a letter of the Rainbow Bridge. She bought it to work for me to read it to her, it was sad but a honor for her to let me do that for her. So Thanksgiving I took a copy of Jim and mine's wedding video and ask her to watch it with me, I haven't been able to look at any of the video's with him in it. So all of my co-workers gathered around the television and watched it with me. The support system I have there is awesome, I've worked there 28 years, was 21 years old when I started.
I actually did very well, I was kind of afraid to look at it. I miss him so much, but the pain isn't as raw as it used to be. If I really think about it I could make my self cry, I guess you could look at this way, last year at the one year anniversary, it was kind of like a scab, this years it's a scar.
Give some thoughts about what it could be next year.
Oh by the way here is a neat picture of Bandit, the little white dot's above his head is Sheets's eyes.

2 comments:

Country Girl said...

I am sorry for your loss and hope that the pain keeps lessening for you.
I came here to tell you that you won my giveaway. Please e-mail me at katydid56@gmail.com with your mailing address.
I was saddened to read this but loved your likening the hurt to a scab and a wound.

Donna B. said...

So this November it will be four years since your husband died. May I ask how he died? I am sorry for your loss... Sounds like you are a young woman in your 40's.

I lost my fiance when I was 28, married my first husband two years later and was divorced in my 40's. I raised my two daughters, then 8 and 6, on my own for 18 years, then married the love of my life (after I put an ad in the newspaper) and we have been married ten years this October...

Hang in there...you will find so much support in the blog world in addition to the tremendous support you have with your friends at work.